Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Enjoy chili in a new way, in a bruschetta-style pizza! Made with the convenience of canned vegetarian chili, this flavorful pizza gives you another way to get the health benefits of fiber-rich beans. And the combination of hearty chili, melted cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and fresh herbs turns this recipe into a true crowd pleaser! (Hint: For tailgating party, make pizza ahead at home, then heat it up on the grill!)
- 1 unbaked pizza crust (12 inch, whole-wheat or traditional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian chili
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Put pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Brush olive oil evenly over crust. Spread chili and tomatoes on top. Combine mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, oregano and black olives, if desired; sprinkle over pizza. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with basil.
- *If chili needs thickening, simmer until the desired consistency is reached. Other varieties of chili may be substituted for vegetarian chili, such as no-bean chili or turkey chili (with consequent changes to the nutrition information).
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 310; Total fat 11g; Saturated fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 720mg; Carbohydrate 43g; Fiber 8g; Protein 14g; Vitamin A 20%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV*; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 20%DV.
- *Daily Value.
Delicious and a perfect rush-hour recipe! I used a 7" wheat crust and half a can of Whole Foods mild vegetarian chili and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese and oregano. Totally open for variations, like homemade chili and whatnot. Definitely will make again now that I have a new way of enjoying chili. Thanks for sharing!