Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I know I may be weird, but I love canned chili. This recipe jazzes it up a little and is one of my favorites.
Top Review by lark woods
Wowzer!! I used my husband's thick homemade chili (personal fav) and substituted cheddar for the mozzarella. This turned out so good and made a quick, easy dinner. A pretty cheap meal, too. Mine was kind of thick so I ended up cutting it with a fork. Thanks a ton.
- 1 loaf French bread (1 lb.)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Place cut sides up on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the beans, chili, spaghetti sauce, garlic, salt and pepper; spread mixture evenly over the bread.
- Top with tomatoes and green onions.
- Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.