Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken based chili
- 3 lbs chicken breast halves
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium jalapino chilies
- 3 poblano chiles
- 3 anaheim chilies
- 2 medium onions
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 green onions
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add chicken and brown about 6 mins remove from pan.
- In food processor, process chiles, and onions.
- Add garlic, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes.
- Add beans and broth and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir chicken, lime juice, cilantro, scallions into chili.