1/2 Photos of Chili Blanco
A football weekend/cold weather family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained (I use Great Northern)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until tender.
- 3Mix in garlic, jalapeño, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano, and cayenne.
- 4Continue to cook and stir until mixture is tender.
- 5Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- 6Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted.
- 8Serve warm with tortilla chips and salad.
- 9**We put tortilla chips in bottom of serving bowl, add the chili.
- 10Good eating!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Blanco
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 741.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 60.8 g