Recipe by DustyPyatt
I got this recipe from a Slow Cooker magazine. I tore the page out so I don't know the actual name of the magazine. The recipe states to cook in the slow cooker but I went a step further and turned it into a dinner kit.
- 2 lbs boneless beef loin tri-tip roast
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dinner kit:.
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a large freezer bag. Massage well to mix. Seal, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- Place tortillas in a quart size freezer bag, seal.
- Drain the beans and corn and put into a quart size freezer bag, seal.
- Print this recipe, and place the roast, tortillas, beans/corn and recipe into a large freezer bag. Seal, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- To cook; thaw completely.
- Put all contents of the roast bag into your slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until the beef is shreddable.
- Just before dinner, heat the beans and corn with 1/2 cup of the sauce in the crock pot over med heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds, microwaves may vary.
- Shred the beef and serve in tortillas with beans and corn and top with sauce from crock pot.
- To cook and then freeze follow the cooking instructions and then freeze cooled meat/beans in seperate baggies or other freezer safe containers.