Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Mr. Food recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Quick & easy recipe, can't go wrong with that! :) We did find it a little bland though. This time I used 2 teaspoons chili powder instead of just the one but I think in the future I would add even more as well as 2-3 cloves of minced garlic with the onion. Other than the lack of spice, which is personal preference anyway, this was a well received recipe at my house. Thanks for sharing, hungrykitten! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.