Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bacon and Cheddar pasties are packed full of flavour - kids and grown-ups alike will adore them!
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 slices smoked streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely diced
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 13 1⁄2 ounces puff pastry, rolled
- milk, for brushing
- mixed salad green, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the baked beans and diced cheese; add Tabasco to taste.
- Open out the pastry and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles.
- Spoon the filling into the centre of each, then bring up the edges to enclose the filling.
- Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each pasty. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with salad and watch them disappear.