These bacon and Cheddar pasties are packed full of flavour - kids and grown-ups alike will adore them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 slices smoked streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely diced
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 13 1/2 ounces puff pastry, rolled
- milk, for brushing
- mixed salad green, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 2Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- 3Remove from the heat and mix with the baked beans and diced cheese; add Tabasco to taste.
- 4Open out the pastry and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles.
- 5Spoon the filling into the centre of each, then bring up the edges to enclose the filling.
- 6Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each pasty. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- 7Serve with salad and watch them disappear.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Bean Ranch Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 678.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g