Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick 20 min meal that I found in a magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with peanut oil, chili garlic sauce, cornstarch, and salt.
- Saute shrimp in the hot skillet until shrimp are nearly cooked through and no longer transparent, about 1 min per side. Deglaze the skillet with the chicken broth; cook until sauce is thickened, 2-3 min.
- Stir in basil.
- Stir vinegar into cooked rice. Serve shrimp with rice.