Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chili-Barbecued Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups hickory chips or 2 cups mesquite wood chips
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- Soak wood chips in water to cover, 40 minutes.
- Stir together 1/4 cup water and next 10 ingredients; set aside.
- Drain wood chips. Place in center of a large square of aluminum foil, and fold edges to seal. Punch several holes in top of packet.
- Prepare fire by piling charcoal on sides of grill, leaving center empty. Place foil packet on 1 side of coals; place drip pan between coals. Coat food rack with veg. cooking spray, place rack on grill.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, over drip pan;grill, covered with lid, over medium-high coals, 10 minutes each side. Brush chicken with sauce;grill 20 to 25 minutes more or until done, basting and turning often.