Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I had this recipe in my 'to try' binder - when I went looking through Zaar to see if it already existed, I saw something similar... but not quite. So decided to post my version. My husband and I had it for dinner tonight and it was delicious! It was wonderful paired with mashed potatoes since the chops made a rich "gravy" of sorts that was good on top of them. The combo sounds a little on the odd side (the marinade), but they go very well together in the end! Enjoy! (preparation time includes 4 hours marinading time)
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Hunts BBQ Original)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a bowl, combine the salad dressing, barbecue sauce and chili powder; mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade into a large resealable sandwich or storage bag; add the pork chops.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at LEAST 1 hour (but 3-4 hours preferred). Cover and refrigerate leftover marinade.
- When done marinating, drain and discard the marinade from the pork.
- In a large non-stick skillet, coated with non-stick cooking spray, brown chops on both sides over medium heat; drain if needed.
- Add reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
This was a winner. I'm someone who can't cook, but I was able to make this and it was great.
Excellent dish. My husband & I love these pork chops. And everytime I fix them for friends, they love them too. Thanks alot for posting them!
I really thought I would enjoy this recipe because I really liked all of the ingredients. But I just didnt care for the taste of it. I'm not sure if it was the italian dressing or the chili powder that ruined the taste for me, but I followed the directions exactly, including the instructions for the extra sauce. One thing I did really like about this recipe was how the sauce got so thick. Thanks for posting this recipe!