Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Naturally lower in fat than regular french fries with the added bonus of great flavor! These are the only fries I will eat.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- Scrub potatoes.
- Leaving skins on, cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Rinse under cold water to remove starch.
- Pat dry.
- In very large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 450F degree oven for about 45-50 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Carefully toss twice during cooking.
These fries have a wonderful combination of flavors! The only thing I did different was I sliced them like french fries as I thought they wouldn't take so long to cook! M&Mers, I thank you for sharing!
Did these without the onion powder, only because I didn't have any, and they were delicious. Very tasty. Enjoyed by one and all. Will add this to my extensive list of potato recipes. Great combination of spices.
Great ! I mixed the potatoes and seasoning in a ziploc bag for easy clean up and also sliced them into smaller sticks. Just the right amount of zip.