Recipe by Small Town Cook
I just created this a couple hours ago as I wanted to try something new with chili. If you want you can substitute 2 cans of chili instead of making your own. If you do, however, you need to add 3 cups water with your rice.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 pints tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups instant rice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 cups corn chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown hamburg with pepper, onion and garlic. Drain well.
- Add beans, tomatoes and chili powder.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam.
- Spread rice over bottom of pan.
- Pour chili over top, covering rice.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until rice is done.
- Sprinkle cheese and corn chips.
- Bake 5 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.