Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Here's a favorite that's authentic to Texas. Real Texas Chili has no onion, tomato, and especially, NO BEANS! Chili with beans is a different dish and it's called, you guessed it, chili beans. Chili beans are good and I like them but they are not, I repeat, ARE NOT chili. I like to go large and this recipe belongs in a crock pot.
- 5 lbs beef stew meat
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear the stew meat in the oil for 2 minutes. Pour meat into bowl and combine chili powder, cumin and flour. Mix with the meat until evenly coated. Pour in broth. Add the salt and ground black pepper pour into crock pot, add garlic put on high for an hour then reduce to low for six to seven hours stirring occasionally.
This was great. No beans. Great flavor. Easy to make. What more can you ask?