Recipe by grandma2969
this is good over roasted meats, chicken, beef or pork. It is also really good drizzled over soups or noodles just before serving.
- 4 arbol chilies
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom pods
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 cup light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chilies, (similiar in flavor but less hot than cayenne chilies, slight smoky flavor.
- They are red and pointed and 2-3" long) cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, star anise, and coriander in a large skillet and cook over medium heat stirring often, until dark and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the light sesame oil and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass container, and add the remaining 1/2 cup light sesame oil, the dark sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 months.