1/2 Photos of Chili and Lemon Crumbed White Fish With Coconut Rice
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is super simple on the table in about 30Min's and tastes wonderful. You can use whatever is your favourite white fish, John Dory, Perch, Cod, Bream etc.. I made this with panko flakes ( A Japanese breadcrumb available at some supermarkets and most Asian supermarkets.) so am not sure how crispy it will come out with regular breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, flakes
- 2 red chilies, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 60 g butter, melted
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (approx)
- 1Pre-Heat oven to 200c.
- 2Coconut Rice.
- 3Start with the rice.
- 4Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- 5Combine rice with water, cream and sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat; simmer covered, 15-20 Min's or until rice is tender, stir from time to time to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- 7Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 Min's, stir in green onion, reserving a few to use as a garnish for the top.
- 8For the Fish.
- 9While rice is cooking combine panko flakes, chili, garlic, rind and butter in a bowl.
- 10Place fish on an oiled tray or oven proof dish; Drizzle fish with lemon juice, pat crumb mixture onto fish.
- 11Cook uncovered 10-15 Min's or until fish is cooked through, if using thin fillets that will cook quick so that the topping will not brown and crisp, just turn the grill on for a few minutes towards the end of cooking to brown.
- 12My Fish cooked perfectly in 15 minutes and gave a wonderful brown crispy coating to the topping.
- 13To serve: Place fish on plate serve rice on the side garnish rice with green onion.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili and Lemon Crumbed White Fish With Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 916.7
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 618.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 32.9 g