Recipe by The Flying Chef
Here is a really quick marinade for steak that tastes great with little fuss. I served my steak over wasabi, pesto mashed potato with asparagus topped with egg and honeyed breadcrumbs on the side. I know wasabi and pesto sounds like a weired combination but it actually goes really well together and makes for wonderful flavoured mash.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Great marinade for steaks. I really liked the combination of sweet, spicy and tanginess that you could taste in every bite. I used a nice thick strip steak and marinated it overnight. I grilled it on my Cuisinart grill to a perfect medium-rare. Yummy! Made for Feb. 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 4 (250 g) steak fillets (or whatever cut you prefer.)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or storage container, add steaks, marinade for several hours.
- BBQ, Grill or cook steaks on oiled grill plate until desired doneness. (my steaks were about 11/2 inches thick and it is about 5-6 minutes aside for medium rare.) I baste the the steaks twice during cooking with marinade.