Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is for 2 steaks or 3 very small steaks, but can easily be doubled. You can use any cut of steak desired--we like strip loin for this. Plan ahead, the steaks need to marinate for 24 hours or up to 2 days. Also please remember to remove the steaks from the fridge and bring to almost room temperature before grilling. This will relax the meat fibers and create a more juicy tender steak.
- In a small bowl stir together the chili powder, garlic, cumin and honey, Worcestershire sauce and coarse black pepper; mix well to combine.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate or platter large enough to hold them in one layer.
- Using your fingers rub the chili/garlic paste mixture well onto both sides of the steaks.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 24 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and let sit out to almost room temperature (this is an IMPORTANT step!).
- Season steaks with salt if desired and grill or broil steaks to desired doneness.
This recipe was pretty good, tasty and easy. However, I had a few difficulties with the recipe. I found that it was more of a marinade than a rub, as the name suggests and I found that the meat wasn't overlly tender (it might have been the cut I bought). On the positive side, it was very tasty and made a nice meal.