Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this recipe from my best friend. My family devoured this. Got the big thumbs up.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 -10 6-inch flour tortillas
- Reserve half of onion for filling; cook beef and remaining onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in seasoning mix, next 4 ingredients, and half of green chiles.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup meat mixture; spoon remaining meat mixture into a 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cup cheese, reserved onion, and remaining chiles.
- Spoon evenly down centers of tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, over meat mixture; top evenly with meat mixture.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
Easy recipe to put together - I substituted refriend beans for the kidney beans. Next time I'll use taco seasoning instead of the chili seasoning (very spicy).
Just delicious. Very easy and fun to put together and my b/f really liked it.