Another recipe from my many magazines. A filling and easy comfort casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 1/2-8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix, 6 . 5 - 8 . 5oz (your favorite brand is fine)
- milk, if required by mix
- margarine, if required by mix
- egg, if required for mix
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2in large skillet on medium-high heat brown ground beef, drain.
- 3stir in salsa, kidney beans tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin.
- 4Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 5while beef mixture is cooking, prepare corn bread mix according to directions on package.
- 6Spoon cornbread mixture around outside edge of ungreased 12x8 (2 quart) baking dish.
- 7When beef mixtures is heated spoon into center of dish. (beware the casserole will be full.).
- 8Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 10Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted and cornbread is golden brown.
- 11sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili and Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 1048.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 28.3 g