Recipe by mix'n vix'n
Recipe by Mighty Spice Cookbook author, John Gregory-Smith. Super fast. Super easy. Super delicious!
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄2 fresh basil, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. When smoking hot, chuck in the garlic and red chilies and stir-fry 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the onion and stir-fry 1 minute, then tip in the scallops and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the scallops start to turn golden at the edges.
- Pour in the soy sauce and fish sauce and sprinkle in the sugar and black pepper. Mix well and stir-fry 1 minute, or until the scallops are just cooked through and tender.
- Throw in the basil leaves, mix well and serve immediately.
- You can use scallop shells for presentation, if you like.