the mix'n vix'n's Note:
Recipe by Mighty Spice Cookbook author, John Gregory-Smith. Super fast. Super easy. Super delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/2 fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. When smoking hot, chuck in the garlic and red chilies and stir-fry 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the onion and stir-fry 1 minute, then tip in the scallops and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the scallops start to turn golden at the edges.
- 2Pour in the soy sauce and fish sauce and sprinkle in the sugar and black pepper. Mix well and stir-fry 1 minute, or until the scallops are just cooked through and tender.
- 3Throw in the basil leaves, mix well and serve immediately.
- 4You can use scallop shells for presentation, if you like.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili and Basil Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 1054.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: