Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 -32 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- minced garlic, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- cumin, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 -5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In large pot brown ground beef with ground pepper, garlic and salt.
- Add diced onion and diced green pepper and continue simmering.
- Drain beef mixture (it's not unusual for us not to drain) before adding chilies, tomatoes, beans, sauce and paste along with several cans of water.
- Add chili powder, cumin and worcestershire to taste and simmer 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over fritos and top with sour cream or shredded cheese of your choice (this last step is a must in my house).
*Shelly*, this was the best chili I have ever made! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I only used one pound of beef, but it still was delicious. Served this with homemade biscuits and it was a wonderful, comforting cold weather meal. Good with a beer too! :)
We really enjoyed this chili. I have several recipes, and it's hard to say which is our favorite. Super quick, on-hand ingredients, and classic "chili" taste - this one's a real winner! We like this one with grilled cheese sandwiches. Yummy comfort food.
A great recipe! we use ground turkey (healthy chili). I do like to experiment with the spice. Today I used a dark red pasilla chili powder. rich and hot! Also chopped Jalapenos for garnish. Thanks for this.