Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family's favorite. Super Quick N Easy to make.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs beef chuck
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 1 (46 ounce) bottle V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- chilula hot sauce
- sour cream, topping
- shredded cheese, topping
- Break up & brown ground beef in a 3qt cast iron/dutch oven pot. When beef is cooked drain fat.
- Next, over medium/low heat mix in and stir in the beans, french onion soup, and tomato paste.
- add in and stir the all the spices(chili,cumin, pepper) sugar,hot chocolate and the vinegar.
- add the v8 juice - I just add enough to fill the chili pot and refrigerate the remainder of the can.
- if you like your chili "spicy" or hot then add the hot sauce to your liking.
- cook over low heat additonal 15-20min.
- top off chli w/ a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle shredded cheese over bowl of chili.