Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chili with just the right amount of spice.
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 439.41 g can chili beans
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g can tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml season salt
- 14.79 ml red pepper
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- hot sauce, to taste
- In a sauce pan place chopped green pepper, chopped onion, minced garlic, and ground beef.
- Sauté on medium to med-high heat until beef is browned through.
- Then add 1 can chili beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce.
- Add all seasonings at this time.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes.
- Taste and add any more seasonings that you would like.
- Serve with cheese and crackers if you like.
I made this last night and it was delicious! My husband loved it and ate almost half the pot all by himself. It was my first time making home made chili and I enjoyed it very much. I'm used to the canned stuff but this was like heaven to my tastebuds! Very good!! I'll definately make it again.
I made this chili the other night and it was great! It was my first time to make homemade chili, and my husband loved it! So did I! He wants me to make this and enter it into his workplace's chili contest this year. I will definitely be making this again and again.
I had to change a few things due to dietary issues and also because of what I had on hand, so my recipe ended up a little different. I used ground turkey instead of beef, two cans of tomato sauce and no diced tomatoes, and I used kidney beans. I also left out the red pepper and hot sauce, but did sprinkle on some chili powder. It was great!!!!!