Recipe by kristi hollingshed
Chili with just the right amount of spice.
Top Review by lordsangel
I made this last night and it was delicious! My husband loved it and ate almost half the pot all by himself. It was my first time making home made chili and I enjoyed it very much. I'm used to the canned stuff but this was like heaven to my tastebuds! Very good!! I'll definately make it again.
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan place chopped green pepper, chopped onion, minced garlic, and ground beef.
- Sauté on medium to med-high heat until beef is browned through.
- Then add 1 can chili beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce.
- Add all seasonings at this time.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes.
- Taste and add any more seasonings that you would like.
- Serve with cheese and crackers if you like.