Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I've been playing with this recipe for a couple years. Chunky meat, not too spicy or hot.
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 396.89 g fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g tomato sauce
- 198.44 g chopped green chili peppers
- 1 can hot rotel
- 2 (850.48 g) can chili beans
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper
- 453.59 g beef stew meat, cut small cubes
- 453.59 g hot Italian sausage
- 226.79 g prepared pulled pork
- 59.14 ml flour
- Set oven to broil at 500 degrees.
- Roast poblano pepper in oven, turn often until the pepper is charred black.
- Remove pepper from oven and place in brown paper bag to sweat.
- Turn crockpot on low.
- Put first 16 ingredients in crock pot and mix well.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet at medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, onions, and green bell pepper for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the crock pot.
- Remove poblano chili from brown paper bag, remove the charred skin, chop, and add to the crock pot.
- Dredge the beef in flour and brown in skillet. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add meat to the crock pot.
- Brown the Italian sausage. Add sausage to the crock pot.
- Cook 8-10 hours.
- Let the crockpot cool and place in the refrigerator over night.
- 2 hours before serving, remove the crockpot from the refrigerator, turn crockpot on low, and heat the chili until hot.