Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great tasting spicy chili. I cook it in the crock pot.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Heat vegetable oil on MEDIUM-HIGH; brown ground turkey, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chopped onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM; stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano; cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to LOW; add kidney beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, chili sauce, and beer (or broth).
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.