Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got by with this recipe when I didn't know a thing about cooking, and it's still great when I'm tired or in a hurry. It's also very low in fat and about 140 calories per cup.
- 2 (1 lb) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (1 lb) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1 lb) can corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup mild picante sauce or 3⁄4 cup hot picante sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart saucepot and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
This was really tasty and fast! We used canned diced tomatoes because we didn't have any stewed. It worked just fine for me but my husband said he would have prefered the stewed. We also think we'll use more chili powder next time for a little more kick. But we'll definitely eat this one again!