1/2 Photos of Chili
My dh really enjoyed this simple chili which uses ingredients always on hand in my house. Adapted from a recipe printed in the newspaper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package bulk sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs
- 2.5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beans, undrained (I used red kidney beans, white northern beans and 1/2 can of southwestern bean blend)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (if you like more heat add more chili powder)
- 1In a large pot over medium-high heat brown sausage and cook until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage on paper towels, reserving 1 T pan drippings in pot.
- 2Add onion and celery to pot an cook until vegetables are translucent, stirring constantly.
- 3Add beans (with liquid), tomatoes, chilies and chili powder. Stir in sausage.
- 4Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: