Recipe by Tara Z
I sometimes like to add corn and jalapeno to give the chili a more southwest flavor. Also, this chili is great served over mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Mike S.
This is a great recipe for the bachelor. I changed the recipe from 3 to 4 tablespoons of chili powder, and because I didnâ€™t have a can of â€œspicy chili beanâ€�, I substituted a can of â€œOld El Pasoâ€� chopped green chili peppers (127ml). (only because I had one in my pantry) Otherwise, I followed this recipe to the letter. I didnâ€™t try it over the mashed potatoes yet, but, this recipe makes so much chili, Iâ€™ll have enough leftovers to try it over mash potatoes tomorrow. Looking forward to that!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can spicy chili bean
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper (about 1 tsp. each)