Recipe by jenray
My husband taught me how to make this spicy chili when we first were married (and I didn't know how to cook). It's been a crowd pleaser and an easy go-to recipe in a pinch.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 onion, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (I use McCormick's Hot Chili mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (you can use more or less depending on how hot you want it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in butter until beef is browned.
- Add pinto beans, tomato paste, chili seasoning and red pepper flakes and mix together.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- Let chili cook about 20 minutes, being sure to stir well every 3-5 minutes so it doesnt burn.
- Chili will be thick and bubbly when it's ready.
- Serve hot with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips for dipping.