Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Yummy chili as fall approaches!
Make and share this Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground spicy sausage (I use jimmy dean)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or green)
- 1⁄4 cup diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine or 1 cup beef broth
- 56 ounces tomato puree (or diced or crushed)
- 15 ounces chili beans
- hot sauce
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- brown meat. set aside; draining juice.
- Saute veggies in oil. Add browned meat, veggies to crockpot and add all else.
The best chili I've ever made!!! Even the mostly veggie wife loved it. For the sausage, I cut open a couple of natural casing hot Italian sausages from Whole Foods, left out the brown sugar, used wine instead of beef broth, & added 3 more cans of beans. Truly the best ever!!! Well done sir, highly recommended!