Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 14 ounces can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- in a large pot, saute the pepper and the onion in the oil until tender. reduce heat to low.
- add green chilies, chili powder, cumin, and garlic. saute 1 minute.
- add tomoatoes, beans and water.
- simmer in med/low heat for 30 min., stirring occasionally
- add salt to taste.