Recipe by Cameronsmommy
I grew up on this and it is sooooo yummy. I like it much soupier--almost like a soup.
Top Review by purplekitten2006
I really enjoyed this chili, I remember the Campbells chili Beef soup in the stores and not they do not make it anymore so i make this soupier like you said it is actually better than the campbells thanks for posting i was looking for a GOOD chili recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinced
Directions See How It's Made
- In oil, sauté onion and green pepper.
- Add meat cook until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Mix cold water and chili powder until dissolved.
- Add water to hamburger and chili powder mix.
- Add salt, tomato sauce, and beans.
- Simmer and cover 1 hour.
- Adjust liquid by adding water if too thick.