Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this on line. When you think of how basic chili should taste this is it.
- 2 medium onions
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 cups swanson beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 1⁄4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dice and saute onions, green pepper, jalapeno's, celery and garlic.
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain beef add to vegetables.
- Combine all other ingredients except kidney beans and add to veggies and beef.
- Simmer for 1 hour (covered).
- Add kidney beans and simmer 1/2 hour longer (covered).
I have to give this 5 stars. Only because of your intro. It's chili. It taste good, nothing spectacular aboutb it. This I can work with, and come up with a personal chili.