Recipe by Kimberly0728
This recipe was made by me :) My mom always makes chili and loves it and I since I'm newly out on my own, I like to try new things.
- 1⁄2-1 lb ground beef
- 28 -56 ounces peeled canned tomatoes (not diced)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans (whichever is preferred) or 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans (whichever is preferred)
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhunts or other brand chili sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili powder
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 pinch salt (pinch or teaspoon)
- 1 pinch black pepper (pinch or teaspoon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and green pepper.
- Add to ground beef in med frying pan.
- Cook until brown.
- Put chili sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper into crock pot or large sauce pan.
- Drain beans and tomatoes.
- Add beans to sauce pan/crock pot.
- Add tomatoes as you cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add ground beef mixture.
- Heat on med/high for 15-25 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with corn bread.
- Top with teaspoon of sour cream and a handful of shredded cheddar cheese (optional).