Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use thick and chunky spaghetti sauce to make a thicker chili, but whatever is on hand will work, Add more chili powder or hot peppers if you like a spicey hot chili.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (680 ml) cans spaghetti sauce
- 2 (540 ml) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas
- 2 (398 ml) cans pork and beans with molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- brown ground beef with water and chili powder.
- add remaining ingredients and stir.
- cook on low for 1/2- 1 hour.
It was ok. The spaghetti sauce over powered the rest of the flavor so it tasted like pizza chili If that's what you're looking for, then go for it.