Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so good, a real hearty chili. You won't find a lack of ingredients in this recipe, it has a real full flavour. A bowl of this chili is also great with crushed tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese and a small drop of sour cream served on top.
- 907.18 g ground beef or 907.18 g ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 796 ml can diced tomatoes
- 540 ml can kidney beans
- 540 ml can black beans
- 398 ml can baked beans with molasses
- 284 ml can tomato soup
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml diced red pepper
- 118.29 ml diced green pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 59.16 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 14.79 ml pepper
- Saute meat, onions and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over minimum heat for 2 hours.
Best Chili I have ever made. My very picky husband liked it too.
I didn't add celary or baked beans. I did add orange and yellow pepper, a can of chickpeas, a TBS of molases as well as ground turkey instead of beef.
My dear hb loves chilli, he was thrilled with this dish. I am not a big chilli fan and I thought it was great. thanks for this wonderful receipe.
Made this for a chili cook-off. Won 1st prize. Although I haven't tried any yet because it was gone by the time we got home. Thanks for a great recipe.