Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so good, a real hearty chili. You won't find a lack of ingredients in this recipe, it has a real full flavour. A bowl of this chili is also great with crushed tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese and a small drop of sour cream served on top.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (540 ml) can kidney beans
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans
- 1 (398 ml) can baked beans with molasses
- 1 (284 ml) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Saute meat, onions and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over minimum heat for 2 hours.
Best Chili I have ever made. My very picky husband liked it too.
I didn't add celary or baked beans. I did add orange and yellow pepper, a can of chickpeas, a TBS of molases as well as ground turkey instead of beef.
My dear hb loves chilli, he was thrilled with this dish. I am not a big chilli fan and I thought it was great. thanks for this wonderful receipe.
Made this for a chili cook-off. Won 1st prize. Although I haven't tried any yet because it was gone by the time we got home. Thanks for a great recipe.