Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nothing like a steaming hot bowl of Chili on a cold winter day.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons mccormick hot shot seasoning (or 1 tsp red and 1 tsp black pepper)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I prefer the hot mexican style)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 42 ounces crushed tomatoes, with puree
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 45 ounces chili beans, drained
- 9 ounces tomato paste
- Brown meat, breaking it up, until all fat has disappeared.
- Season with Hot Shot and add onion and garlic.
- Cook on medium until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes, stirring ocasionally.
- The longer you simmer it the better the flavors bond.
- Serve with corn biscuits or corn bread.
- If you need more spice you can also try adding some"West Texas Dust" by The Original Habanero Company.