Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy and tasty casserole made a bit different with the addition of tomato sauce on top. I put an additional "hot" Mexican style can of tomato sauce on top. I've brought this to 2 parties in the last month and everybody loved it, even the kids.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup evaporated milk (1 can, or 1 c. half & half)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (Contadina brand works well with this)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split chilis lengthwise in half, clean out seeds and rinse off.
- Beat milk, eggs, flour, and salt until smooth.
- Mix cheeses together saving 1/2 cup for top.
- Make alternating layers of #1)cheese #2)chilis #3)egg mixture.in a greased large deep casserole.
- Pour tomato sauce over top and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until cooked in center in 350 degree oven.
- Let rest 5 minute before cutting.