Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love these sandwiches! I use sliced Vienna bread as I think it holds up better. You can also sprinkle some chili powder into the milk/egg mixture. Great served with some salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- 6 slice bread
- 3 slice monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58-59.16 ml butter or 29.58-59.16 ml margarine
- Mash chilies with a fork and spread on 3 slices of bread.
- Top with cheese and remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches in milk mixture.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted adding additional butter if necessary.
Great recipe, I used pepper jack cheese. Next time added tomato slice.
This sounds wonderful...can't wait to try it!!!