1/1 Photo of Chiles Rellenos Sandwiches
I love these sandwiches! I use sliced Vienna bread as I think it holds up better. You can also sprinkle some chili powder into the milk/egg mixture. Great served with some salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash chilies with a fork and spread on 3 slices of bread.
- 2Top with cheese and remaining bread.
- 3In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches in milk mixture.
- 4Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- 5Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted adding additional butter if necessary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.6 mg
- Sodium 563.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g