This is from an Old El Paso recipe bake off book. These are food with eggs and other Mexican meals. Good with butter and or honey maybe even a jalapeño jelly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F
- 2Spray 24 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 3In a 3 quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a full rolling boil.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in flour, cornmeal, and salt until mixture forms a dough and all lumps have disappeared.
- 6Gradually stir in eggs until well beaten.
- 7Stir in both cheeses and the chilies.
- 8Spoon dough evenly into muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full each.
- 9Bake 25 to 29 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cool 2 minutes, remove from muffin cups.
- 11Serve warm.
- 12NOTE: if you only have one 12 cup muffin pan, make the 12 muffins and bake as directed.
- 13Refrigerate left over dough until ready to bake second batch.
- 14To bake second batch, bake 28 to 35 minutes.
- 15Extra time compensates for he dough being chilled.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g