Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from an Old El Paso recipe bake off book. These are food with eggs and other Mexican meals. Good with butter and or honey maybe even a jalapeño jelly!
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray 24 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a full rolling boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, cornmeal, and salt until mixture forms a dough and all lumps have disappeared.
- Gradually stir in eggs until well beaten.
- Stir in both cheeses and the chilies.
- Spoon dough evenly into muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full each.
- Bake 25 to 29 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes, remove from muffin cups.
- Serve warm.
- NOTE: if you only have one 12 cup muffin pan, make the 12 muffins and bake as directed.
- Refrigerate left over dough until ready to bake second batch.
- To bake second batch, bake 28 to 35 minutes.
- Extra time compensates for he dough being chilled.