Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I do believe I need to stuff several of these into my head immediately.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
These are so yummy to eat and very easy to make. I did make one change since I didn't have ricotta, I used cream cheese. I do a far amount of apps entertaining and this will be on the must do. Thanks for sharing.
- cooking spray
- 24 wonton skins
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chili, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, more if desired
- 1 teaspoon scallion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 48 sliced ripe olives, black
- pimentos, sliced (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray two miniature muffin tins with cooking spray.
- With a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut wonton skins into circles.
- Place one circle in each muffin cup; mold it to the cup. (You could leave them square as well, but they fit better circular.).
- Spray lightly with additional cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from tins and place on cookie sheet(s).
- Combine cheeses, chiles, hot sauce, green onion, and cumin in medium bowl; mix well.
- Fill each cup with 2 tsp of the cheese filling and top each with two olive slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with pimento and serve warm.