Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
This recipe has an unusal filling, and it is very good. This comes from The Hatch Chile Cookbook, some of the best chiles you will find.
- 3 tablespoons celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked bay shrimp
- 6 green chilies, whole
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the celery in butter for three minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the sauteed celery and shrimp and stir to mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the whole chiles and seal with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place the chilesin a deep, lightly buttered casserole dish, seam side down.
- Cover the dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with beans and rice.
- **Note: For a stiffer filling, chop the shrimp into a paste in the food processor.