1/1 Photo of Chiles Rellenos Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. It was good as is, but I had to make a couple changes for it to work for me. Came out a little runny (maybe because I used skim milk), so may need some additional adjustment. I would probably change out the mozzarella for Monterey jack or a Mexican cheese next time also. Good served with sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 2Split chile peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and veins.
- 3Spread chiles in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle cheddar cheese, green onions, and half of the mozzarella cheese over chiles.
- 5In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, flour, salt and black pepper together until smooth.
- 6Pour over chiles and cheese.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- 8Meanwhile, mix salsa with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 9Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 10Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 680.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g