This was found in an old Ortega brand foods cookbook. This is one of my favorites. It's really easy to make and it's soooo yummy. After the casserole is done cooking, drain the excess liquid from the pan (the liquid escapes from the chiles during cooking) or your plate will be flooded.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Slit chiles lengthwise carefully on one side and open flat. Remove seeds and dry by dabbing with a paper towel.
- 3Divide 1 1/2 cups cheese evenly among chiles and place on centers of chiles.
- 4Roll up each chile, starting at the pointed end.
- 5Place rolls, seam side down, side by side in a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan. (I've always used a clear glass pan).
- 6Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper together.
- 7Pour egg mixture over chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 8Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until puffed, brown and firm.
- 9Drain excess liquid from pan before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 219.4 mg
- Sodium 494.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 26.6 g