Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are tons of chile relleno casserole recipes out there. I like this one because it uses so few ingredients and simple preparation. It never fails to please.
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- Mix cheeses together.
- Slice chiles open, lay flat & remove seeds. Cut into wide strips.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Layer cheese & chiles to make 3 layers. The chiles will not completely cover the cheese.
- Beat milk and eggs together.
- Pour over chile & cheese mixture evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 45 minutes or until set. Cool slightly before cutting.
- Cut into small squares for appetizer portions or larger squares for brunch.