A simple, slightly healthier alternative to a Mexican dish that I fell in love with, created when I didn't have a deep fryer to make the actual rellenos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground turkey and add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Simmer until seasoning cooks down; set aside.
- 2Chop peppers and onions.
- 3Prepare cornbread mix per instructions on box. Pour batter into a 4x9 pan. Make sure the pan is deep, there are several layers to the casserole.
- 4Sprinkle peppers and onions over the top of the uncooked cornbread and bake and suggested temp on cornbread box until just barely firm. Do not cook it completely because it must return to oven a second time.
- 5Mix cream cheese, cumin and garlic.
- 6Spread cream cheese mix over the corn bread and peppers.
- 7Sprinkle pepper jack cheese over cream cheese.
- 8Top with ground turkey and shredded cheddar.
- 9Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- 10Top with salsa or sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 905.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese