1/2 Photos of Chiles Rellenos Casserole
This recipe comes from Better Home and Gardens Special Interest Publications entitled Low Calorie and Low-Fat Recipes which was published in 1994. When going through some old magazines recently the recipe resurfaced and I decided to post it for safe keeping. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It is a good alternative to higher fat, higher cholesterol recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 4 -6 ounces longhorn cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup biscuit mix (I use Baking Mix Aka "bisquick".)
- 1 cup egg substitute, or
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- plain yogurt (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 2-quart baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle the chopped chili and cheese over bottom of dish.
- 4Combine the milk, biscuit mix, and egg substitute in a medium mixing bowl; using a wire whisk beat till smooth.
- 5Stir in the cottage cheese and spoon mixture over the chili and cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes or until puffed and a knife insered near center comes out clean.
- 7Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 8Top each serving with salsa, sour cream or plain yogurt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 518.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g